Girl's Camp\Matt's Birthday - Seattle #3

Well, after all the planning and waiting, Camp Week has finally arrived. We were up early and I drove Mom and Ruth Scott up to the Ensign Ranch with a bunch of their stuff in the Pilot. They spent most of the morning setting up, while I stacked firewood and helped put up some dining canopies. After spending Monday night in Wenatchee, I loaded up the Pilot with another load of all the stuff Mom had forgotten or now needed (like long johns) and drove to Camp on my way to Seattle (again) to celebrate Matt's birthday. Jon, Matt, and I enjoyed a nice dinner at Susumu, a Japanese steakhouse, in Lynnwood.


Young Women's Camp 2007, themed "The Incredibles", began with an appearance by Mrs. Incredible, herself. The crowd was flabbergasted that I was actually gutsy enough to wear such a suit in public. I did get a few comments like "Nice toosh" and "I can really tell you've lost weight". The Stake Camp staff were known as the "Edna M's" - Eternal Designers Nurturing All (Mothers and Mentors). Our wigs, glasses, and lab coats made us indistinguishable from one another (we don't have our glasses on in the photo, but they were the black, round "coke-bottle eyes" kind.) I enjoyed seeing my nieces around camp and proudly announced them as four-dipper (Natalie) and five-dipper (Sarah) at the Polar Bear Dip on the last morning. We used the climbing wall this year and I made it up to the last panel before experiencing muscle fatigue. I wanted to make it to the top, but the lines were so long the next day, that I never got on the wall again. Rachel Ray would be proud of the cooks in the Iron Chef Cookoff. The young women really outdid themselves with the "presentation" part. Grandpa made a dozen dowel cookers for me and everyone enjoyed learning how to toast yummy biscuits, then ate them smothered with butter and jam (homemade strawberry). I loved every minute at Camp and look forward to just going some day without being in charge. (June 25-29)



No comments: