West Virginia and Kentucky

Once again through the green hills and vales of West Virginia....are there any people in West Virginia? Up and down the hills I go in the Beast (my new name for the truck). The Beast doesn't like hills and slows down considerably.

I passed through Charleston on the Kanawha River and then Huntington at the confluence of the Big Sandy and the Ohio Rivers. At that point the freeway crosses the Big Sandy and enters Kentucky.


Ahh....back in Kentucky. The Beast holds about 48 gallons and takes forever to fill. By my reckoning, it is getting about 8 to 9 miles a gallon. One thing I have discovered is that my credit cards limit gas purchases at the pump to $50 or $75. So, in order to fill the thirsty Beast, I have to do 2 or 3 separate purchases with different credit cards at each stop. Arrrgghhh!


I stopped for the night between Lexington and Louisville.

No comments: