Show-Me State

Crossed the Mississippi into Missouri this morning at St. Louis, past the Arch and the new Busch Stadium. They are tearing up all the freeways and it was slow going. Sorry about the antenna in the Arch shot, but I took it out the window, as there were no place to stop.



Just for you Emmett, St. Louis is home to the largest bowling pins in the world. I think they are situated in a mall.


I was talking to Kristi on the phone as I was crawling along through freeway construction west of St. Louis and a familiar site loomed out of the trees. A spire and an Angel Moroni....the St. Louis temple. It is in a very nice area with lots of corporate headquarters and is surrounded by major Lutheran and Baptist colleges.

Made good time across Missouri. Made some stretch-my-legs stops in: 1) Kingdom City, and wandered through Nostalgiaville USA (found a couple of John Wayne items I didn't have), 2) Bates City, and ate some REAL Missouri BBQ - it was good, and I think the whole town of Bates was there, 3) the crossing of the Missouri River, and 4) Columbia, home of the University of Missouri.

I passed through Kansas City after dinner. I didn't stop, as this is a future destination in my plan, and entered Kansas as the shadows lengthened.

My night stop was Lawrence, Kansas, home of the University of Kansas.

No comments: