Wyoming and Tim McGraw - Like a Needle Needs Thread

A very long day. I was up early and on my way by 5:00am. I crossed the grassland preserve near the Colorado\Nebraska border. With all the cows and oil rigs on it, I didn't see too much being preserved....then briefly into Nebraska again, meeting the I-80 freeway near the Nebraska\Wyoming border. I am not even going to talk about crossing Wyoming (again). I have absolutely no comment on that stretch of highway. As Jon and kids have been crossing the United States in tandem and parallel to me, we decided to meet as they rocketed past me. The link up was at a rest stop a little west of Cheyenne. I saw the kids on a rock waving their arms as I approached. We talked for a few moments and then they were off, leaving me in their dust.

I was able to spend a few minutes in Morgan, have some dinner, shower and change, visit with Mom and Dad, and then I was off to Salt Lake City for an evening concert with Amy and Katie. I checked into a Howard Johnson up the street so we could park the Beast and their car. Mike, Olivia, and Ethan came up so we could visit for a few moments before the concert.




The concert was very nice. It was long, about three hours. And very loud. Tim and Faith (this link must be checked out just to see the sweater) sang many of their hits and the capacity crowd "faithfully" screamed out every word. Thanks Amy and KT for a great night. We will have to do that again. Oh, by the way, are you two single? We walked back to the hotel after and I fell into bed about 1:00am.

And just for you KT:

Like a needle needs a vein,
Like Uncle Joe in Oklahoma needs a rain,
I need you like a lighthouse on the coast,
Like the Father and the Son need the Holy Ghost,
I need you.

And we will all assume he is singing about antibiotics saving Africa from malaria or something similar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the worst thing I have ever seen Tim wear!!! Eww! Anyway thanks for the clarification on the words.