The Truck

They told me where to find it. My companion for the next week. My chariot, my home........my sanctuary. I had thought about what it would be like - a sleek, maneuverable, Ferrari-like moving van. Weaving in and out of traffic at 80, as I scoot across the country in record time. The clerk told me where to find it - one of the new ones she said. Then it loomed out of the mist. Is that a skyscraper? No. A cruise ship? No. I am going to drive that 3200 miles? I screamed when I saw the logo on the side......"Dad Haul". I got off to a bad start. As we were leaving the restaurant, I had to back up....snapped off a stop sign. Yes, broke it off clean.


2 comments:

Amy D. said...

You are back!!! Boy, how I've missed the blogging of Mini Arms. And you never told us about the stop sign!! Only about the rubber on the back. You are a saint..that is all I have to say.

Seattle Jon said...

Rubber??

Dad, your award for the cross country Uhaul trip will be coming in the next couple of weeks.