Searching for Isa - Central America VI

Kind of a rest day. We tried to find Isa's house in the afternoon, but the address we were given just wasn't detailed enough to get us there and the phone numbers we had didn't connect. So....we tried to find someone that knew where she lived without much luck. Mainly, we just drove around soaking it all in. Ahh, the colors, smells, and sounds of Tegucigalpa.


We found a new teriyaki place and had a nice lunch. Even Teguc has teriyaki - eat your hearts out Utahans.


Nelson had arranged for a reunion of sorts with the group that worked together in the Mission Presidency 1999-2002 and it was great to see everyone. What good people! We had a wonderful visit talking about old times and catching up. From left to right: Los Ortega, Los Zavala, Los Irias, and Favio Duran. Samuel Cruz also came and ate with us, but had to leave early.


 This guy that looked like hotel security kept talking to me and all of a sudden he was saying he had a small gift for me. He had cut my bust out of black paper and glued it on a sheet of paper (without asking me if I wanted it). Hmm. He was not hotel security, but some type of entertainer, like a guy who makes wiener dogs out of balloons. There was silence, as he expected me to pay him. I looked at the others in our party and they muttered an amount that would be appropriate. So I was the proud owner. I had them autograph it to commemorate our memorable event. 


No comments: