Ethan's Blessing Day

Hello, followers of the roving old folks. I am in Provo with KR and we are enjoying time with the little ones. Ethan was blessed today, and despite the fact I took Mike's suit coat to Church and left him with mine, it turned out wonderfully. Amy and Mike came in a little late and we quickly switched coats over the pew. When we got up for the blessing, we both were putting on our coats and Mike had trouble with his collar and me with my sleeve. The blessing was very nice and Mike did a great job. Little Ethan slept through the whole thing and never moved. In the circle were Tom Dover, the two Mikes, Matt, a family friend, and two plant-eaters from the Bishopric. I was settling back into the pew for a little Rex nap, and Amy whacked me in the head with the car seat as she was letting Mike back in his pew. Mike and Amy bore very nice testimonies, as it was Fast Sunday. After Sacrament Meeting, we had a lunch at Mike and Amy's place for family and friends. A Costco special with rolls, fruit, veggies, and cold cuts. I scoffed at the plant-eaters and consumed large quantities of water and meat. I did get my nap later in the afternoon at the hotel (we are staying at the Hampton across the freeway). We gathered for visiting and games in the evening. Yes, I did actually play this time. We enjoyed and laughed through several games of Pictionary. Some of the drawings are scanned in below - see if you can guess them! They were drawn by (respectively): Mike D., Mike D., Katie, me, Matt, and Katie.




















No comments: