I'm Watching You

We are officially worn out. Today was the cleanup day and I headed out early for another walk, this time from the Rosslyn Metro station to Teddy Roosevelt Island and Memorial. It was longer than it looked on the maps....sigh. But......as much as I have read about Teddy Roosevelt, my favorite President, I really wanted to see this place. And as much as one can know about someone from reading books, in my opinion this is the perfect memorial for him - very well done.



KR came into town on the Metro later in the morning and met me at the Spy Museum. Impression: borderline tourist trap, state-of-the-art museum, popular, crowded, nice cafe, nice museum store, and not overpriced. It took us three hours to get through it - there is so much to read, it is not a place you can skim and hurry through.

KR and I again split up (I think she was about tapped out on the historical front) - I went exploring for several historical sites on my long list (this trip has really made a dent), mostly relating to African-American history, while she was going to tour the Supreme Court and then head back to the hotel. The plan was for me to hit the Supreme Court Building also as my last stop. Amazingly, as I was trudging up the front stairs of the Supreme Court Building (my feet were killing me), KR was coming down, having concluded her tour. Great timing! She took me on a short repeat tour and we headed home together - having completed every Washington DC stop on our list - WOW! Mission accomplished.


No comments: