Flash From the Past - 1960

My mother is a very thorough person and tended, when I was more "under her control", to go above and beyond with us kids (like someone else I know). That was usually, in retrospect, a good thing. We always had to have matching clothes, take piano lessons, be scrubbed, and things were not done at the last minute and hastily put together. Sometimes I rebelled (naturally). This experience is still vividly front and center in my memory bank. It was a cub scout activity (I was 8) with the fake fire, the decked-out cubmaster, and we were to dress like Indians. Well, Afton wanted the full-war-paint look and I was not in agreement. But she persisted, telling me "all the boys would be done up that way". Well, you can see there was one - me! The look on my face tells it all.


1 comment:

Final Approach said...

I'm laughing real hard............