The Pit and the Fire Truck


Had an exciting incident in the days leading up to the Merrill Reunion. A lot of the fam had already gathered in Wenatchee to hang out before leaving for Port Townsend. I was in the backyard burning some scrap wood in the fire pit, when I saw a fire truck going up and down American Fruit Road. Evidently someone had smelled smoke and called 911. They finally pulled up Westridge and stopped in front of our place. Since my fire pit IS in compliance (I had checked on that prior to building it), I was not too concerned as they came around the side of house to talk to me. To my surprise, one of them was Blake Larson who, it just so happened, had poured the concrete for the sides of the fire pit! He smiled and we chatted for a bit as to how nice it looked. Of course, the grandchildren all had to check out the fire truck, and Blake was very nice about letting them climb in and see all of the equipment.


No comments: