More Recent Reads


As I read several books at the same time, and go back and forth, the sign of a book I like, of course, is one that doesn't get pushed to the bottom of the pile. A trio of good books here that I pretty much stayed with until I was finished. If you are a Grisham fan, this one is "right on" his genre and a page turner. I also like to read about ordinary people faced with extraordinary circumstances and The Big Burn fits the bill. It also took place right in our Northwest backyard in territory I have driven over many times. I had read the roadside historical sign about the "big burn" of 1910 going over Lookout Pass into Montana on I-90, but there was so much more to it - I loved this book. If you are fascinated by the landscapes of Arizona, as I am, the final book is a nice addition to any library. It helped that I had already visited most of the spots, although I have one new one to check out when we head to that part of the country again. 

1 comment:

LGH said...

I love John Grisham. Not familiar with the other two, but I think it's great how your tastes cover a wide range of interests.