Memory Lane

I am starting to scan all of our old slides and negatives, or will start to do so in the near future. A large percentage of our pictures are in the form of slides (about 14,000 to be exact) and have not been seen, other than perhaps a quick slide show upon development. As I digitize and distribute copies, I thought I would share some here in a feature I will call Memory Lane.

I want to take you back to a simpler time... it was Fall Semester 1974. Here are the happy BYU students in their 400 s.f. basement apartment with the luxurious decor (a Chilean flag). Glowing pregnant mom with happy future father. No cares, no worries, and no assets. He turned out to be such a beautiful baby.

6 comments:

Leah said...

I'm rolling right now. I totally forgot about this picture. It's disturbingly perfect.

Matt said...

That baby really freaks me out. Is that a picnic blanket Mom is wearing? Go Chile!

Mom A said...

NO Matt, that's not a picnic blanket! It was my favorite little robe which I wore for years, and years, and years. But---if I still had it, I'd cut it up and make a picnic quilt:)

Kyle and Katie said...

First of all that picture is hysterically funny and sick. Second, Mom Amy said she wants a picnic blanket for her next pregnancy. She wants one with the colors peach and yellow.

Dover said...

I think that is the table cloth we use for dinner. And the only thing the baby is missing is Jon's 5 o'clock shadow.

Amy D. said...

Ewww Katie...I DID NOT say that. That picture is just so wrong. I wanted Leah to put Cher's smile on it. I wish you could have all seen that version. It was priceless.