Seeking Warmth

Late Fall in Wenatchee is always exciting, as all of the outside creatures are looking for someplace to park themselves for the coming winter. This year was no exception. We had some workmen over to check our water softener, and they casually mentioned the black widow spider by the little box where the water pipes enter the house. It was small one, perhaps recently hatched. We found Mama and her nest further back along the pipes. We called pest control within the hour. Eeekkk. Then I was downstairs in my office working and noticed movement on the carpet out of the corner of my eye. It was a tiny baby mouse. I threw the pillow on the sofa and stunned it, then carefully loaded it into a plastic bag. Four mice later, using various traps and sticky pads - I think we got the whole family.


4 comments:

Final Approach said...

Have you run into the Hobo spider problem?

Looking at your bucket list:

You are invited to my solar eclipse party in 2017

http://hermit.org/Eclipse/2017-08-21/

This is the next one on the US continent....

I'm working on the visible comet!

Rod

Amy D. said...

It is a good thing I saw this picture AFTER we came for Christmas or we may have decided to stay here. In ziplocs....that is just gross.

Leah said...

I will forgive you for this post because I am your third daughter, and that is the only reason.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Seattle Jon said...

Leah, is the throw up moist?