To Utah

Despite the delay in entering the MTC, we were faced with needing to stay somewhere other than 3675 Westridge, as Sarah Cabbage was scheduled to move into our home to take care of it while we were away. These arrangements had been made a long time ago, as she planned to move in before beginning her teaching duties at Foothills Middle School. So, we packed up our things and headed off to Utah to stay in St. George while we awaited our visas. Mike Dover had flown out earlier to work and Amy had stayed on for a few days in Wenatchee, so we came up with a "plan" (we are experts at complicated ways to travel, especially to Utah). So: 1) I headed over to Seattle on the 12th to eat lunch with Jon and say goodbye (I also visited his offices on Mercer Island), 2) next, I drove to Vancouver to have dinner with Katie, Kyle, Max, and the Christensen's, 3) I drove east along the Columbia Gorge in the fading light and stayed near Stevenson. Meanwhile, Amy and kids left Wenatchee in their car the morning of the 13th and we hooked up near Pendleton then drove together as far as Burley, ID. I stayed there and Amy continued on to Springville. Her kids are great travelers! I ate lunch with my brother, Rod, in Pocatello on the 14th and made it to Morgan that day to spend some time with Mom. We spent several days together, even traveling to Henefer for a wedding reception. I spent the next four nights (14-17) in Morgan, getting KR at the Salt Lake Airport on the 17th and bringing her back to Morgan for church the next day. We spent the next week in Springville (KR the whole week and me the first three days). I spent Thursday through Saturday in Park City with the Anderton Fantasy Football bunch, which ended with Tom, Mark and I in church with Mom (again). This time Tom, a bishop, went to church in sandals since he had forgotten his church shoes. He and Mark flew back to Wenatchee Sunday afternoon and I left Monday, picking KR up in Springville on our way to St. George. See, I told you we could make traveling to St. George complicated.

While KR Was in Springville, the Kids
Started Back to School - The Glasses
Are a Prop

The Dover Deck Gets a Makeover

As KR is Wont to Do, She Took It Upon
Herself to Clean Off Every Bit of Old Paint
On the Deck Railing Before It was Put Back

No comments: