Vancouver Subplot

We stayed over in Seattle on Friday, April 9th, to fetch KT on the morning of the 10th. We ran some errands Friday evening, including the purchase of two large chests for our downstairs (in boxes, with some assembly required). So, as I had my Pilot, we totally filled the back seat area, with one small spot for KT to sit. We barely had enough room for the bags. Seemed like a good idea at the time. We had a little time to kill Friday night, so I suggested we take a look at the new Pilots, as they had a financing "deal" going. A long story short, we ended up leaving with a new 2010 silver Pilot and they ended up with my old one in trade. Like they say - an offer we could not refuse. So we transferred all the stuff to the new car in the dealer parking lot. The next morning, KT was surprised to see us approach in the car, as we had not told her.

The fun began at the border. Where are your license plates? What are in the big boxes? Do you always buy furniture and cars on your vacations? Why didn't you drop the boxes off before coming into Canada? Ladies, do you know this man? Guess we could not have looked more suspicious - until I managed to press the panic alarm on the key ring and struggled to figure out how to turn if off. Guess I should have read the manual first. All to be repeated as we entered the U.S. on Monday the 12th (except for the panic alarm). 

3 comments:

Dover said...

Oh my gosh...I laughed out loud when I read the border story, good post.

Anonymous said...

That was so funny Dad!

Final Approach said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............. That's my bro!

Rod