Chatterbox


Emmett stayed with us for a few days last week, and has that kid every become a talker! It is fun to see his personality develop. I kept pulling out my pen and jotting down his random thoughts. A few examples:

He saw some "cool" wheels on a car, and after telling me how cool they were, there was a pause and "Jesus created wheels on cars so we can get around". He had been listening at Church!

I took him to Denny's and, while he was eating his cheese sandwich with applesauce, he looked around and declared "this is such a quiet restaurant - I like it".

I was helping him on with his shoes after preschool and he put them on backwards. I suggested he take them off and switch them, but got the response "it's ok - with these shoes it doesn't matter".

"My daddy's name is Mark and my mommy's name is Laurel - that is a great name".

As we were pulling up to the house, he asked "can I do garage bowling?" I told him sure, then he paused...."is that my special treat?"

He made sure he pointed out the Denny's bathroom location to me, just in case he "needed it". Then he said in total seriousness "when mommies go potty they read magazines". Emmett, I think that is a universal rule.

1 comment:

laurel said...

Wow- mommies have NO secrets, huh? :)at least when Emmett's around. Watch yourselves grandpa and grandma- he may just let me in on a couple of yours!!

Oh, and to just re-confirm his belief in mommies/bathrooms/magazines...yesterday, I excused myself to go to the bathroom and Emmett chased after me- by the time I got there, he said, "Here, mommy! You forgot your magazine!" So funny, huh?